DOSBox SVN Builds

Topic actions

Reply 280 of 294, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Yesterplay80 wrote:

My latest builds of DOSBox SVN r4059 crash whenever I close them via the "X" in the title bar. Closing it by entering "exit" in the DOSBox windows works, however. I tried it on several PCs, it happended all the time. Can anyone confirm this error?

did you switch compiler/libraries ? It sounds like the sjlj exception thing. (see dosfreaks compilation guides)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 281 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

did you switch compiler/libraries ? It sounds like the sjlj exception thing. (see dosfreaks compilation guides)

No, I still use MinGW + MSYS, there wasn't an update for those neither.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 282 of 294, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can you check how you build differs from my guide?
Post 619196

I'm no longer updating the mingw guide and have switched to mingw64 but the mingw guide was producing working builds without the issue (I always close dosbox with the X) using both static and dynamic.

I've verified posix,win32,dwarf,sjlj with the mingw-w64 build using DOSBox 10-10-2017

When the issue did occur I was thinking it was my using the provided SDL and sdl_net dlls instead of compiling my own but I haven't gone back to using the provided SDL files to verify and I won't since it doesn't make any sense to do so.

To verify it's not the latest SVN can you try compiling an older SVN ver?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 283 of 294, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Crash is related to SDL. Precompiled SDL.dll with r4059 doesn't have this problem. GDB shows exception thrown on account of GFX_Events() function in sdlmain.cpp while using SDL.dll compiled locally in old MinGW/msys environment from SDL 1.2.15 sources.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain

Reply 284 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

To verify it's not the latest SVN can you try compiling an older SVN ver?

I just compiled the last working revision I compiled before (r4055) and now it has the same error. 😳

I'm a bit baffled, because I can't remember updateing or changing anything. I'll set up a fresh MinGW ennvironment as try again.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 285 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Mix-matching dlls compiled with a different gcc version can be problematic as well. So pay attention to the SDL.dll.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 286 of 294, by winterelf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I spent the couple of days trying to run fallout 1 on dosbox. i am using the latest raspbian and at first I used the official dosbox. the problem is, no matter what I do, it runs super slow (like 5 minutes to go into the splash screen). This seems to be a known issue in the community when trying to run fallout from rpi, I'm not the first one who is trying to run fallout 1. but running over the posts of other people didn't made it happen, just made me smarter 😉

I download a RetroPie image and install fallout on it. then went to the retropie emulator folder and manually run the dosbox emulator with my fallout 1 game. it worked perfect.......

I decided that I must have this dosbox version on my other image of raspbian, without the RetroPie in it... I had a little clue to the version when I search the conf file, it is named dosbox-svn.conf so I guess this is some custom dosbox SVN version.

does anybody knows what version of dosbox is running on retropie? it seems to be manually compiled, I have no idea how to compile the version on a raspbian image, or even what is this version of dosbox?

Reply 287 of 294, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

it's probably the SVN version of dosbox, which has much faster ARM cores and detection to actually enable them.

Reply 288 of 294, by winterelf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

do u have a link to that version? seems like there is no info on how to compile any dosbox SVN on linux.
i'm not sure how those dosbox SVN works, seems like there are couple of versions of those.

Reply 289 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The file "INSTALL" gives you most info you need to build Dosbox on Linux. It's good to look at that file in open source projects, it's traditionally meant for that in open source projects that can be compiled on linux

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 290 of 294, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:

I just compiled the last working revision I compiled before (r4055) and now it has the same error. 8-O
I'm a bit baffled, because I can't remember updateing or changing anything. I'll set up a fresh MinGW ennvironment as try again.

FWIW, I too am using the original MinGW on Windows XP with GCC 4.9.3, and it works well. My builds do not crash when closed via the X.

Reply 291 of 294, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Ant_222 wrote:
Yesterplay80 wrote:

I just compiled the last working revision I compiled before (r4055) and now it has the same error. 😳

FWIW, I too am using the original MinGW on Windows XP with GCC 4.9.3, and it works well. My builds do not crash when closed via the X.

In the past, this was caused the exception handling. As far as I know dosbox used to need the sjlj versions of mingw. (in order to work with exceptions through libraries) Maybe it still does.

Reply 292 of 294, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

In the past, this was caused the exception handling. As far as I know dosbox used to need the sjlj versions of mingw. (in order to work with exceptions through libraries) Maybe it still does.

From what little I have seen of the source, DOSBox is mostly C with only occasional C++isms, so conversion to C would only simplify and improve the code.

Reply 293 of 294, by neozeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just built r4177 on Visual Studio 2003, and the call to pow in both fmopl.cpp ymf262.cpp I had to change the first parameter from an int 2, to a float of 2.0 to get it to compile.

I also changed the runtime to /MD - Multithreaded DLL to match what SDL 1.2.15/SDL_net 1.2.8 had wanted.

Otherwise it appears to be running fine.

Reply 294 of 294, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SVN changelog

The following links list the latest changes to the official DOSBox source code on its sourceforge.net SVN repository:

http://source.dosbox.com/dosboxsvn.txt (auto-generated changelog provided by Qbix)
http://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/HEAD/l … g/?path=/dosbox (sourceforge.net SVN log)