VOGONS

DOSBox SVN Builds

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Not really, you can subscribe for generic email notifications on SF or subscribe to the commit mailing list at https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dosbox-cvs-log which gives you the detailed commit message along with the diff.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 81 of 294, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is the feed I use with The Old Reader:
http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_keepsake.p … ?group_id=52551

Think it redirects to: http://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/activity/feed

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 82 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What would it take to add something like ScummVM's build bot for an official SVN build?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 83 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If I'd manage to be able to cross compile for Windows, I could set it up, I guess. I'm already doing the OS X snapshots automatically...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 86 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It would be nice to have an official SVN build. Seems like EmuCR disables a couple of things in their builds like screen capture.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 87 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

On irc we tested emucr and it actually allows screen capture but either the very old libpng (1.12) they are using or a text watermark Qbix added to the code some while ago (or both) make emucr crash when you take a screenshot. I think emucr doesn't have SDL-sound but I'd need to look that up again.

Reply 88 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It has been a while since I tested it, but now that you mention it I remember the crash during capture. Again, that would be the point of having an official SVN build, especially if accepting any bug reports from those using an SVN build.

Reply 89 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to argue against an official SVN build.on the contrary, I'm encouraging Qbix on irc to make it available 😉

Reply 90 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did not take not that you were arguing. I just expressing that I think it would be a good idea to have an *official* SVN build. It might also help stop people from whining about when the next version will be released.

Reply 91 of 294, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Will there actually be another version? I've been using unofficial SVN builds for years now, as the latest release is over 5 years (and who knows how many commits) old.

Reply 93 of 294, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just wanted to say that the last svn builds I've tried do provide superior performance (as weighed against the latest official release) when running rather demanding games such Blood and Quake, specially with plenty of audio samples being played back simultaneously. It could be a general improvement or just something specific to my computer (32-bit WinXP on a high-end P4), but the increased speed is noticeable and very much welcome.

Thank you so much for DosBox. A most excellent project.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 94 of 294, by Da Easy Mitch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If anyone is interested: I compiled a vanilla SVN build (r3955) including support for recording, screenshots and OGG cd audio replacement today, because I wanted to record a game and the EmuCR build doesn't provide this feature, as we all know:

Filename
DOSBOX.7z
File size
1.15 MiB
Downloads
229 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 95 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thanks for the effort and for doing a plain vanilla build 😉
I assume it's for Windows, right?

Reply 97 of 294, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Da Easy Mitch wrote:

If anyone is interested: I compiled a vanilla SVN build (r3955) including support for recording, screenshots and OGG cd audio replacement today, because I wanted to record a game and the EmuCR build doesn't provide this feature, as we all know:

DOSBOX.7z

Interesting, thank you!!

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 98 of 294, by Da Easy Mitch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just made a new build, using the current SVN (r3957) and updating libpng from 1.6.20 (used in my last build) to 1.6.21:

removed

UPDATE: Compiled SVN release r3961:

removed

And here's r3964:

removed

And here's r3966:

removed

And here's r3969:

Filename
DOSBOX.7z
File size
1.21 MiB
Downloads
225 downloads
File license

Reply 99 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New name, old parts, here's r3970 (vanilla):

Filename
DOSBOX.7z
File size
1.25 MiB
Downloads
195 downloads
File license

And here's r3970 patched with kekko's 3Dfx patch:

Filename
DOSBOX_3Dfx.7z
File size
1.28 MiB
Downloads
237 downloads
File license

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)