VOGONS

Netbios support patch

Topic actions

Reply 22 of 36, by Seryntas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to use these files to get Magic Carpet II, but I can't even load this new dosbox.exe because it fails to locate "libpng13.dll". I haven't screwed with any .dll files, so it wasn't anything I did. I use version 0.63. Any ideas?

Reply 23 of 36, by Seryntas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Furthermore, because I forgot to ask this before, what is a .diff file and how do I use it? I apparently can't open it, because as far as I know I don't have the right file. Help would be vastly appreciated.

Reply 24 of 36, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You don't use .diff files unless you program.

What your missing is a .dll that IIRC is included with DosBox 0.63. So if you don't want to download the .dll seperately then simply download DosBox 0.63, install it, and then copy Hal's dosbox.exe into the dosbox directory.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 25 of 36, by Seryntas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I already have 0.63, as I said in my first post. The only .DLL files are libogg-0.dll, libvorbis-0.dll, libvorbisfile-3.dll, SDL.dll, and SDL_net.dll. Hal's dosbox.exe also comes with msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.

Reply 34 of 36, by Seryntas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I submit that it was a bad idea to install the program in more than one place in the course of testing fixes and forget which was which.

It turns out I was installing and reinstalling your .exe to the wrong DOSBox. Meep.

Reply 35 of 36, by OuchOfDeath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just here to report my succes. 😀

I first tried running your modified exe with 0.63, and it refused to run because it needed 2 dll's (libpng13.dll and zlib1.dll). I downloaded the dll's put them in the dosbox folder and it started up, started ipx server and netbios and it worked. I got Magic Carpet2 to run in multiplayer and it works perfectly (jsut played alone, haven't tried 2 player yet).
Then i decided to copy all the 4 dll's and the modified dosbox.exe to my 0.65 install, i renamed the modified dosbox.exe to dosbox2.exe and it runs just fine in the 0.65 install.
I don't know anything about how dosbox is coded, so does the 0.63 exe in the 0.65 install have some of the things implemented in 0.65?

Reply 36 of 36, by Lofty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, the exe *is* dosbox, basically. If you run a modified 0.63 exe in a 0.65 install, you're really just running a modified 0.63. apart from you might get problems with the config file not being as the dosbox.exe expects.