VOGONS

First post, by Scrotor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

.70 crashes on the intro when you 1st get to the bar and have to answer a question. I tried different memory settings, scaler settings, cycle settings, line command startup settings. Pretty much everything with the same result. I tried both the Dos versions of the game and the Win 95 version. And yes I installed all of the patches.

.65 runs completely fine. I found that if you set the cycle settings to 100000 you hardly get any slowdowns at all, even when you get close to big ships.

WinXP
Athlon 4000+
3 gig mem
Radeon x850 512 megs mem
Improbability drive
10000 hampsters on a wheel

Reply 4 of 15, by Scrotor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Arrg, I tried to send it to you in an attachment on this server. It's 29 megs so it didn't work. E-mail me at the address I gave you and I'll send it in parts.
Be sure to just leave your e-mail program open after I get your address so when I send it it will dl automatically. Otherwise if you use programs like X-Fire let me know and we can make the process go a little quicker.

Reply 9 of 15, by Scrotor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I tried core=normal on .70
I am using core=dynamic on .65

Believe me when I say I tried every different configuration in .70. This game just doesn't work. Something got broken between .65 and .70

Red Avatar, I e-mailed you those files. Let me know how they work for you!

Reply 10 of 15, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well when I use a December CVS it works fine and very smoothly. Then when I use ANY of the 0.66 betas or RCs it crashes. It crashes when trying to play the third movie or inside the bar, or just loading the bar scene. It never crashed in 0.65 CVS. Seems like one of the changes broke the game.

Reply 12 of 15, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is one of the few games that refuses to start unless you have sound and music. If you set them to "no sound/music" it bitches about you needing sound.

I'll try messing with the different kinds of soundcards though.