VOGONS

First post, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Every time I run X Men from URL REMOVED, DO NOT POST LINKS TO ABANDONWARE using Dosbox 0.61 I get the message "Cannot find the X-Men Cd in the CDROM drive" .
I already tried burning the extracted files on a CD Image and mounting it with Deamon Tools but that didn't help.

Reply 1 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok I got past the Cd problem but now the display is acting up.
Did anybody ever get the game to work under Win XP?

Reply 2 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think you may be needing something like this...

Reply 3 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This one actually...

Reply 4 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a way to make the game/sound run less choppy? I already tried increasing frameskip and cpu cycles.

System Specs :
Windows XP
Athlon XP 2500
768 MB Ram
Geforce FX 5900XT

Reply 6 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently tried the game again and got it to run fairly well and with sound.
( I'll attach a profile for D-Fend/Dosbox 63 in case anybody wants to play the game but has problems with it.)
However there's still something wrong with the display . All the colors seem to be inverted . Does anybody know what's causing this (perhaps the modified VESA driver ?) and how this can be fixed ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

xmenpc0049qd.th.png xmenpc0084bb.th.png
xmenpc0055tf.th.pngxmenpc0104wq.th.png
xmenpc0061ok.th.pngxmenpc0097qh.th.png
xmenpc0074dg.th.png

Edit: I also have another problem. I downloaded Dos32a.exe , copied it into the game folder only and renamed it to Dos4gw.exe . Since then every time I want to delete or rename either Dos32a.exe or any Dos4gw file in any folder on my harddrives I get a message that the file is in use.

Reply 7 of 13, by sundancer69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the original Cd and mounted it with D-fend but it says each time "Cannot find the X-Men Cd in the CDROM drive".

Teleguy did come allready past this problem. I tried to pm him. But no answer so far.

Reply 8 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry, I didn't get your pm , since I use a different email account now.

If I recall correctly you have to install the game normally, then extract the archive files on the CD and copy everything to the X Men folder on the harddrive manually.

Reply 9 of 13, by sundancer69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank U

Reply 10 of 13, by vyr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

teleguy, could you or someone else explain in more detail how you got past the CD problem? I've extracted all files to C:\XMEN and tried to run the game in DOSBox 0.70 but got the same error as in your first post.

Reply 11 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vyr wrote:

teleguy, could you or someone else explain in more detail how you got past the CD problem? I've extracted all files to C:\XMEN and tried to run the game in DOSBox 0.70 but got the same error as in your first post.

Here's an updated Profile (created with D-Fend v2 beta) that should work with Dosbox 0.70 and hopefully fix your problem. I also noticed the modified Vesa driver isn't needed anymore.

Reply 12 of 13, by lucio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I resolved this problem and run the game only mounting the CD drive (without any CD inside) with this command:

mount d D:\ -t cdrom

There's several commands to mount the CD drive. See also in DosBox:

intro cdrom

After this, I run the game with:

xmen.bat

Thanks.

Reply 13 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[MOVED]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)