VOGONS

First post, by Franklinsteiner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get a classic graphical adventure game called Discworld II: Missing Presumed to work and i have downloaded the DosBox thinking it could help me play it, because when I load up the game, the developer and publisher logos appear as usual, but when it gets to the title screen, the picture appears, but suddenly blacks out with a message appearing, saying "Direct Draw, cannot do something-or-other with DirectDraw services" or something like that, heh.
I figured this had something to do with the fact it wasn't running on an MS-DOS-based machine (I got Windows XP). Could anyone help me? The tutorials in the Guides section are confusing and speak of login names and stuff like that....

I downloaded the very first downloadablre choice on the website's Download section (windows).

Reply 1 of 2, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

So are you running the game under dosbox or not?
In the second case see the guides and tutorials on the forum.

Reply 2 of 2, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, you could wait untill scummVM supports The dicworld series (there working on it 😀 .) Are there any graphical options in the setup? Have you tryed using a front-end for dosbox? Thats how I got it working on xp.

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!