VOGONS

First post, by dosgremlin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm thinking it would save alot of people some grief if a developer would install stonekeep and pass around a functional .conf file 😀

Has anybody seen this error in stonekeep on startup:

"RAM space allocated for directory headers too small adjust debug.c MAX_GF_HEADER_MEM to more than 100000"

sk win95
sk other_os
sk

DPMI, DOS32/A, nothing seems to make a difference. Anybody? I would literally pay money ($50?) for a .zip that had Stonekeep working for me right 'out of the box'. I bought my CD (and the jewel case) for it. It's just useless.

- DosGremlin

Reply 1 of 2, by Marian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dosgremlin wrote:
I'm thinking it would save alot of people some grief if a developer would install stonekeep and pass around a functional .conf f […]
Show full quote

I'm thinking it would save alot of people some grief if a developer would install stonekeep and pass around a functional .conf file 😀

Has anybody seen this error in stonekeep on startup:

"RAM space allocated for directory headers too small adjust debug.c MAX_GF_HEADER_MEM to more than 100000"

sk win95
sk other_os
sk

DPMI, DOS32/A, nothing seems to make a difference. Anybody? I would literally pay money ($50?) for a .zip that had Stonekeep working for me right 'out of the box'. I bought my CD (and the jewel case) for it. It's just useless.

- DosGremlin

You did install the game in DOSBox and not in Windows, correct?

There are some folks around here who have gotten the game running successfully. Did you do a search? Take a look at benkid77's note on this thread (his is the last post):

Error While Trying to Run Stonekeep

Is that of any help at all?

Reply 2 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

benkids77's solution seems solid. Also try following the instructions in the 60 seconds guide in my signature.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions