VOGONS

First post, by B.J. Blazkowicz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone.

I know this is a minor issue, But it is essential for completion of my mission.

How on earth do you map the > function on a Danish keyboard to be able to aim straigt "Right" in the game??. I tried every single key on my keyboard including switching to US/UK keyboard layout, I also tried to use Xpadder to try and find that magic key. Problem is that on a Danish Keyboard < or > is substituted with the letters Æ And Ø instead.

I'm Very new to Dosbox emulation, Normally i spend most of my time kicking ass (And don't ask me why i am using a Danish Keyboard, It's top secret) BTW.

Any ideas, Suggestions hmm perhaps.

Reply 1 of 3, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
B.J. Blazkowicz wrote on 2022-11-25, 01:22:
Hi everyone. […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone.

I know this is a minor issue, But it is essential for completion of my mission.

How on earth do you map the > function on a Danish keyboard to be able to aim straigt "Right" in the game??. I tried every single key on my keyboard including switching to US/UK keyboard layout, I also tried to use Xpadder to try and find that magic key. Problem is that on a Danish Keyboard < or > is substituted with the letters Æ And Ø instead.

I'm Very new to Dosbox emulation, Normally i spend most of my time kicking ass (And don't ask me why i am using a Danish Keyboard, It's top secret) BTW.

Any ideas, Suggestions hmm perhaps.

Macbook w/ DK keyboard?

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 2 of 3, by B.J. Blazkowicz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No!, No Macbook.

It's a Windows 10 Desktop OS.

I also tried Dosbox's own mapper, But no matter what key i try to change it dosn't seem to respond at all.

To break it down even further the only direction i can't aim is Right, All the other directions works fine. According to the game's own manual i need to use the key + (right next to L which works fine and is used to fire with) to aim right in a straight line, In dosbox's own mapper the key is ;: , But on a danish keyboard it's the Æ key (Which most foreigners have a hard time to pronounce).

Seriously i've been the whole keyboard through including holding ctrl and alt down, But i simply can't find the damn key.

Is there a way to reset dosbox's mapper to default?