VOGONS

First post, by Trainee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im going to pester you guys again about my problem.

Twilight 2000 doesnt run, got it from home of the underdogs, have tried installing it but even though the installer says the files have been installed to the said location no files are found. Running it from the 2000.com results in the game starting and everything working fine but as soon as I try to enter the game world the game crashes, everytime, and I'm back in the dos promt.
Now, I've tried disabeling sounds from the setup menu, tried different soundcards, tried altering various things that's suggested in the readme (I have no idea what exactly it is I'm turning true or false, though) and I have also tried loadfix with various numbers, but no results yet.

My system is
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+
2.61 GHz, 2 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX
and my operating system is Windows XP with service pack 2.

Reply 2 of 10, by Trainee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Allrighty, I start with:
mount c C:\oldgames
C:
cd tlight (the game folder)
now I run INSTALL.BAT,
and type INSTALL C:, or INSTALL C:\whatever folder and then the game says where is going to install it, which is C:\whatever folder\DPS\TWSP, and I press enter.
In a split of a second the game says it's installed, which its not, since I cant find the game folders anywhere.
So, since I cant get the install working, I do the same thing over again except I run the 2000.com, which results in what I described above.

Reply 3 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The installer uses xcopy, which isn't included in dosbox. Just move
all files (and subdirs) into C:\DPS\TWSP so it is "installed". Don't know
if this changes anything regarding the problem.
Can you post a screenshot of the scene where you enter the game world,
ie. right before it exits out?

Reply 4 of 10, by Trainee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Put it all in C:\DPS\TWSP and ran it from 2000.com, after I press enter the game kicks me out, trying to enter the game world.

Attachments

• Filename
    Screenshot.JPG
    File size
    104.58 KiB
    Downloads
    168 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 10, by miffe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you press enter when the mouse cursor is over the window, the game exists. Because thats how you exit it. To enter the game world, click on the lamp, then motor pool, then the door.

Also, there is no need to install the version from the underdogs, just unpack it where you want it and run 2000.