VOGONS

First post, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everybody,

I bought the newest King's Quest Collection for XP. I managed to update the Windows version of KQ7 to the 2.00b DOS-version with Collector's patch (http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Patches-Updat … pdates.html#KQ7).

Now I have the following problem; sometimes when I play it I get a DOS/4GW Professional error (2002): transfer stack overflow (see attachment). I get that error in 0.72 as well as in ykhwong's build. Is this a DOSBox error and if so, does anyone know how to fix it?

Attachments

• KQ7error.jpg
    Filename
    KQ7error.jpg
    File size
    348.2 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 8, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOS/32a isn't even able to start the game, all I get is a black screen.

Rigt now I'm trying the .conf settings:

core=auto
cycles=25000
cycleup=500
cycledown=500

My CPU usage is between 60 and 70% with sometimes a 100% peak. Will see if it keeps acting normal like that...

Reply 5 of 8, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow I didn't know there was a DOS patch for KQ7. One of the reasons I never played it was because it was a very early Windows game and it ran in a tiny window. Going to have to try that patch.

Reply 7 of 8, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

core=normal & cycles=8000 runs fine as well. But the menu loads faster with the settings I posted. But then again, who cares about a faster loading menu?

* Intel Pentium Dual-Core e2180 @ 2Ghz | 3GB Ram | Asus Geforce 9600GT 512MB | Vista Basic *
* AMD Sempron XP 2800+ @ 1,6Ghz | 1GB Ram | SiS M760GX | Windows XP | Linux Mint 8 *
* Dedicated DOS-machine obsolete since DOSBox 0.73 *