VOGONS

First post, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was impatient enough that I didn't fully read the ReadMe.txt at the first time, Now I've fixed all the clock/memory issues with DOSBox and now all the games works at full speed, full screen and with image enhancements effects! ME LIKE! 🤣

But DK Gold still gives me trouble! 🙁 I can't get pass the red (NO CD) screen! I've tried renaming the CD label without any results and I've tried modifying the .CFG file to locate the place where the game is located and it's still not working!

Since I have the original game, is it possible to have a no-cd patch for it? I have a strong feeling that a no-cd patch might work!

Please help!

Reply 1 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[MOVED]

Let's keep it civil, right? After reading the OP, I haven't found anything that tells me a thing about programming.

TeraNova:

What have you tried so far? You should read the docs first.

And another thing: abandonware/cracks and the such are not supported here. You will probably get no support if you use a crack.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

What is the difference between regular DK and DKgold ?
I only played the regular one.
I don't remember it being particulary slow. Which screen resolution did you select?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 7, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry guys if I wasn't clear in my previous post, The game itself is working fine and it's speed is ok too, but I can only log into the first game screen [the Keeper screen with the game logo], but I can't play anything beyond that because it gives me the no CD message (the red CD screen with a question mark on it)

There's no problem in DOSBox itself, it's the configuration of the game! I have the original game, but I can't make the no CD protection go away!

P.S: The DK Gold is the same as the original DK, but the only differences are the Gold edition have the deeper dungeons expansion

Reply 4 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Install the game within dosbox and be sure you mount the cdrom correctly.

Reply 5 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

[thread cleanup]

Reply 6 of 7, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

TeraNova, you may also try to install and run the game using a disc image. Make sure you use the cue/bin image format because the DK disc contains redbook audio tracks. And make sure you use the same mounting locations for installation, and when running the game!

Reply 7 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TeraNova wrote:

but I can't play anything beyond that because it gives me the no CD message (the red CD screen with a question mark on it)

Suppose your CD drive is E:\

You want to mount it in DOSBox as, let say, D:\

The command is mount D E:\ -t cdrom

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.