VOGONS

First post, by psycosword

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I don't have a specific error message, because the game dosn't crash. But, with Strike Squad, and almost every version of dosbox I've used so far...as soon as I get to the main menu (New Game/ Load Game), My mouse flashes on screen for about a moment, then disappears, and sits in the very upper left. It won't move, it won't do a thing. I have a 100% logitech mouse, but I havn't the faintest idea of how to get this game running again. Last time it did, was back when I had a 386 to run it on.

Reply 2 of 6, by psycosword

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dosbox: 0.70, and 0.72
XMS config: Not yet
EMS: Not yet

Did manage to find out, if you press a magic sequence of scroll lock, pause/break, and num lock, the mouse /sort/ of works. (

Reply 3 of 6, by wizfrog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

XP Pro, DOSBox 0.72 (first try 0.65). Mouse problem, game unplayable. The odd scroll/pause/num-pressing makes no difference here. 🙁

First problem is that the game hangs during intro at "K'kistik forces..." etc, which can be skipped by pressing ESC. The second is the mouse. I can get it to show if I slow DOSBox down to 1% and enter my call sign, but after that the cursor won't show, or if I managed to make it show by adjusting the speed up and down the game hangs anyway as soon as I click.

Has anyone gotten it to work?

(Btw, DOSBox won't record the music with ctrl-alt-f8 either in Strike Force or Tegel's Mercenaries. Maybe I missed something, or is it the games?)

Reply 4 of 6, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ctrl-alt-f8 records MIDI. If the game music is OPL (adlib, sound blaster) or digital audio (gus, sound blaster), it won't be recorded with Ctrl-alt-f8. Ctrl-alt-f7 records OPL commands (you can play them back later with adplug for example) and ctrl-f6 records digital audio (including synthesized OPL).

edit: ctrl-f8 -> ctrl-f6 (doh!)

Last edited by ripa on 2008-03-23, 14:50. Edited 2 times in total.