VOGONS

First post, by SuperCOP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's very strange: 😕 the game "Alone in the dark", the first one of 1992, runs without problems but I cannot listen the music. I tried to change in the dosbox.conf file all possible MIDI settings but... nothing to do! I also have added "P330" option in the "SET BLASTER=..." line, but the music doesn't runs...

Now the settings in my dosbox configuration are:
[midi]
mpu401=intelligent
device=default
config=0

"0" is my default sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum.

There's a person that can help me, please?

Reply 1 of 4, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, too many cycles perhaps? Try lowering them, as it might not be detecting correctly. I don't know this game so well, so I could be wrong on how it works.

Reply 2 of 4, by SuperCOP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried that you have told me and it's all right: the MIDI sound works without problems, but, now... the scrolling? It's very bad on these games (I tried also Lemmings, because there was the same problem) with a low number of cycles (3000 on actual configuration, 10000 before changing)...

Reply 4 of 4, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yeah yeah yeah same problem with alone in the dark 2 and 3... animations are always jerky, and changing the number of cycles doesn't help too much... even with a new and powerful pc you cannot run this trilogy as fine as on a real machine with dosbox unlike other games.