VOGONS

Life and Death bug

Topic actions

First post, by Stilgarr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm running "Life and Death" on DOSbox 0.72. Using the Sounblaster 16 system and screen is set to 640x480, software, VGA mode. Machine specs in Signature.
The game starts out fine and everything but performing an operation works. Only, when I chose to operate, the moment the patient should enter the room, the game hangs. No symptoms on the screen: the assistent just stands there with arms open and nothing happens. When I used to play this on a real DOS computer this was the point where it would ask for the second disc to be inserted. Now all files from both discs are in the same directory, could this be a problem? Anyone have experience with this game? Or is it just my copy that's gotten corrupted?

Any suggestions are welcome,
Thx

AMD64X2 3800+,Asus A8N-E, 2048MB PC3200 RAM, nVidia8800GT 512MB DDR3, SB X-Fi, WinXP SP3.

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

How did those files end up in the "same directory"?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 4, by Stilgarr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Copied both 720kb discs in one directory. I'm currently looking on abandonware sites if I find another copy. Haven't found any people with same problem so could be that my second disc was just old.

AMD64X2 3800+,Asus A8N-E, 2048MB PC3200 RAM, nVidia8800GT 512MB DDR3, SB X-Fi, WinXP SP3.

Reply 3 of 4, by Stilgarr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thread can be closed-deleted, i've found a copy in a place called HoTu. Runs fine with everything in one directory. So must have had a corrupted file.
Sorry for the bother.

Reply 4 of 4, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stilgarr wrote:

Thread can be closed-deleted, i've found a copy in a place called HoTu.

Yes, telling this will close the thread automatically.
No intervention of moderator necessary. 😉

Klimawandel.