VOGONS

First post, by Kieran11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there,

I've successfully mounted, installed and saved everything according to this guide (http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=6943) for the game, LBA or Relentless.

Problem is, I start it up and the company logo of Adeline flashes by then the black dos screen appears telling me

No CD

OK.

Any suggestions? The Cd is in the drive ><.

Reply 1 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Are you using an IBM AS/400 and OS/400 with DOSBox?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

try -noioctl for the mount line for the cdrom. I'm currently debugging LBA2 on that matter

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Even though I have a Windows box, I had, by far, the best results with the LBA games using BIN/CUEs. Try creating a BIN/CUE of the CD and mount that as your CD in DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 9 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Specifically the 2nd game. It seemed to address the issues I was having with the 2nd so well that I went ahead and did a BIN/CUE pair for the 1st one, too. Image mount for a CD, especially BIN/CUE often seems to solve CD recognition problems in DOSBox for me.

Reply 11 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's been a while since I have fooled around with it, but as I remember, the problem I was having with the 2nd game was randomly rejecting the CD or ISO on scene changes where it had to read the CD, but not always at the same scenes. If it makes a difference, my copy is the American release, Twinsen's Odyssey.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers