VOGONS

First post, by DeLorean719

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently obtained the disc for this EPIC game, and installed it on a different computer effortlessly and the game worked perfectly (although without sound) through Windows XP. Now for some reason, when I try to install the game, it tries to install it on my CD drive... which obviously won't work. It tries to install it to: E:\c2cd\. I tried deleting the directory so I could enter my own on the C: drive, but it would not let me backspace over E:\ at all. So I decided the next thing to try would be to copy the whole disc onto my C drive and install it from there. Same thing, it tried to install it to the E: and I couldn't change it. If it does try to install to the E drive it gives me the obvious error "Insufficient disc space". Any suggestions?

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

Reading the aptly named README file will be a good idea too.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 3, by DeLorean719

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, installation worked perfectly, and so does the sound! There is an issue with the graphics though, In the intro there are fade ins and outs that are extremely laggy, and after the intro, I get a blank screen until I mash a bunch of random buttons. I have my settings set exactly to what your 60 second guide said, so you know my settings.

Also, I had to choose Alib even though the guide said not to because the only good choice was two choices in one... "Alib/Sound Blaster". Weird?

Reply 3 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
DeLorean719 wrote:

There is an issue with the graphics though, In the intro there are fade ins and outs that are extremely laggy,

Try hitting CTRL-F12 a couple of times. Watch the title of the DOSBox window, your CPU-cycles should go up. Or, before you start the game, use the cycles command to give you more speed:

C:> cycles 20000

(you can try different numbers).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions