VOGONS

Quest For Glory IV

Topic actions

First post, by IggyPopped

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I have been happily playing QFGIV with no problems on DOSbox. However, I am quite unhappily computer illiterate. I completed the game and would like to save my character so I can re-import it and become a Paladin. Unfortunately, every time I try to save the character the program requests that i "insert the disk." of course i'm kicking myself for losing the original cdrom i had as a kid but am grateful for the online dls. the character has to be saved as a .sav file. i feel like the solution is really obvious i just don't know what it is!
advice please!!!???!!! Will give first born child for help! Thanks!!!!

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[MOVED]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 4, by IggyPopped

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, here I am being a good VOGONS user. (I think) Here is EVERYTHING you needed to know or didn't need to know about my computer and the nature of my problem.
Dell Inspiron 1521 Motherboard System Board - WP042 - HN306
AMD 64 Athlon X2 processor 1.80 Ghz
894 MB RAM
ATI Radeon X 1200 series (0x791F); Internal DAC (400MHz)
Available Graphics Memory: 447MB Dedicated Video Memory: 256MB System Video Memory: 0MB Shared System Memory 191MB
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC sound card
Windows Vista Home Premium
Sierra Games: Quest For Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
I cannot save my character. I don't think it is a glitch I think I just don't know the procedure. It requires I save the character as a .sav file. I get an error message saying that I need to insert the disk in order to save the character file or that the path I specified does not work. One time I was able to save the character but I could not import it. I have a feeling that this is because I am using a DOS emulator.

DOSbox 0.72

I've read the README. It only applies to people who bought the disk/ cdrom version of the game. I downloaded the game from the internet. Specifically, I got the game off of DOSGAMER.com

Went into DOSbox.conf as an administrator. Typed in (under last heading) MOUNT C "C:\USERS\Dawn\Desktop\New Folder"
c:

pressed save. game is mounted correctly.

Reply 3 of 4, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
IggyPopped wrote:

OK, here I am being a good VOGONS user.

No your not your aking for help on a game you warezed

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

As Davros said.

Go ask the nice people who supplied you with the game.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions