VOGONS

First post, by s031720

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone

Im currently usind DOSbox 0.72 on my vista ulitmate 64bit, and trying to get legend of faerghail to work.

The intro kicks in, but then im back to the dosshell and prompted with the following:

"Please insert EGA lof- 0 disk in any drive and press a key"

after wich nothing happens, wheter I press a key or not.

The dosbox config says machine=vga wich holds ega support aswell as far as I know.

Does anyone recognise this problem and maybe know what to do about it? Anyone else managed to insall legend of faerghail on to a vista 64bit system?

Cheers and thanks for the help

Reply 4 of 9, by s031720

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, got it working, typing this so that others who might want to play faerghail might google and find:

I skipped DOSbox entirley since the files might be corrupt. (emulating DOS on PC)
Instead I downloaded the game as .adf files (amiga) and using an amiga emulator wich is called amiga forever 2008. Wich is great.
Didn get it working at first, you need to use the WinUAE system (at default) not the ordinary amiga simulator.
To create a save disk, choose to create an floppy image in the win UAE window, or hit f12 if your already in the game and create that floppy image.
Name it to something you remember so that you can manually type in that you want to save the game there.
(to save in the game, hit o).

Ok, thats it. Thanks for the help guys, especially xian got me thinking in new ways.

Reply 6 of 9, by s031720

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

rcblanke:
how do I do that? the .adf are disk images, arethey editable? I need to work around it so that I can save the game, (its a long game), because the method I suggested dont seem to work. (for that very reason I thought).

Reply 7 of 9, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm talking about the DOS version of the game; creating the disk0.id file in your game directory will allow you to continue after the intro, into the game.

Reply 8 of 9, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

rcblanke is correct, not sure why that file isn't present on yours after installation. I moved the disk0.id file temporarily to another directory, ran the program and got the exact same error message that you had stated in your first post.