VOGONS

First post, by thrush

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi When i try to mount Daggerfall as a cdrom using this command from the bethesda site

mount d c:\dosgames\dfcd -t cdrom -label daggerfall

I get in return

MSCDEX mounted subdirectory limited support

then when i try to load daggerfall it tells me that i have inserted the wrong CD and must try again

I was wondering if anyone else here has had that problem and had a solution to the problem

all help greatly appreciated

Thrush

Reply 1 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

-label Daggerfall

Capital D. It's amazing how much trouble that has caused... there should be a warning IN CAPS on their instructions about that.

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You can't fix stupid.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by thrush

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the reply ripsaw but it doesn't matter whether i put a capital d or not i still get the same messages guess I'm not going to get this to work:(

Reply 4 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If bet if you upgrade to DOSBox 0.73 it will work.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"MSCDEX mounted subdirectory limited support" is a normal message when you mount a directory on your hard drive as a CD instead of mounting an actual CD-ROM drive. It will not prevent Daggerfall from installing. Make sure you're using DOSBox 0.73 and that you are following the Daggerfall install instructions TO THE LETTER.