VOGONS

First post, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I post this because it can be useful for others who want to play this beautiful game and for developers to find out new bugs.

I was able to run this game after some dosbox.conf modifications (and of course mounting cdrom on startup). just make sure to use s3 trio 64 as svga card. I finished the game but with some problems: main menu and ingame energy/mana/spells icons flickering and dialogs often seem to lockup (had to press ALT+F12) to fast forward them. The last thing: dosbox frequently crashes when loading new stages (usually after a cutscene).
I tried many different dosbox.conf settings but this is the best ingame experience possible for now imho. If someone found a way to fix these problems pls reply.

Runs very well with 3dfx executable + gullikoza's latest dosbox + dgvoodoo latest wrapper. The only problem with this version was the crash when loading stage problem.

Update: flickering and the game locks during dialogs and in the menus
(you "unlock" it pressing ALT+F12) also present in gulikoza's version in software mode. Using auto for core and cycles, no real differences found changing these settings. Using sb16, if it can help.

Update2: use 32mb ram in dosbox.conf to prevent dosbox crash when loading new stage/cutscene (in the game box it says 16mb ram needed, weird)