VOGONS

First post, by Warrior527

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got Doxbox for my computer and been playing alot of my old dos games.
But I have a problem with Star Trek: JR. When I try to save a game, it says "Unable to save game. Disk must be full or read only"
My Disk has over 400GB free, and not read only.
Also Star Trek: 25th anniversary saved just fine. Please help.
Thanks

God bless
Dan

Reply 4 of 13, by Warrior527

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The freesize didn't work, or I might be doing it wrong, can you give me the complete path line for the freesize mounting.
Thanks

God bless
Dan

Reply 5 of 13, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Before you start aimlessly finddling around with parameters you don't understand, don't you think it'd make more sense to give us some more information so we can try to find out what's actually wrong? OS, DOSBox version, how was the game installed, etc. . The basics.

------
Satan bless

Reply 6 of 13, by Warrior527

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My OS is: Windows XP (version 2002 with service pack 3)
DOS Box version is: 0.74
And I installed the game through DOS Box.

If you need more info let me know.

God bless
Dan

Reply 11 of 13, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Reinstall the game in dosbox, and _keep the mounts the same_ when starting the game. Your trek2.cfg does no longer correspond to the virtual directory structure in dosbox, probably.

Reply 12 of 13, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, it's important to use the same mount commands for the virtual hard drive and CD-ROM every time you install and play, so that the virtual paths don't change.

I highly recommend making a folder on your real hard drive to use as the root of the virtual/mounted c:\ drive in DOSBox. Personally I use "c:\users\public\games\dos", which results in games installing themselves to things like c:\users\public\games\dos\intrplay\trek2 on the real hard drive and c:\intrplay\trek2 in DOSBox.

Reply 13 of 13, by Warrior527

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you everyone for your help, but I got the game working. Rcblanke your idea to reinstall and keep the mounts the same worked. Thanks again everyone. It is nice to see a forum community so active.

God bless
Dan