VOGONS

First post, by Reg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I install the game from the CD using small install I get sound + music inthe game's starting screen but music will get lost after I start thecampaign. SFX sound works fine though. How to correct this issue? If I run the sound setup I can choose any Sound Blaster option and they all give me the same result.If I install the game using full install I even lose the music at the game's start screen. Help is much appreciated, thanks!

NF6-GLAN Asrock Motherboard (Bios ver. 1.50)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.61 GHz Processor
4 GB 533 MHz Single Channel memory mode RAM (Windows Regocnices 3,5 GB, rest are in RamDisk)
Zotac Geforce 260 GTX (2nd generation) Graphics Board (Nvidia driver ver. 260.99)
Integrated Realtek high definition audio driver ver:5519, audio codec ALC662 (soundboard)
Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit OS
Fantasy General DOS game (ver. 1.0)
DOSBox ver. 0.74 latest

Reply 1 of 6, by ConjurerDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Reg wrote:
If I install the game from the CD using small install I get sound + music inthe game's starting screen but music will get lost a […]
Show full quote

If I install the game from the CD using small install I get sound + music inthe game's starting screen but music will get lost after I start thecampaign. SFX sound works fine though. How to correct this issue? If I run the sound setup I can choose any Sound Blaster option and they all give me the same result.If I install the game using full install I even lose the music at the game's start screen. Help is much appreciated, thanks!

NF6-GLAN Asrock Motherboard (Bios ver. 1.50)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.61 GHz Processor
4 GB 533 MHz Single Channel memory mode RAM (Windows Regocnices 3,5 GB, rest are in RamDisk)
Zotac Geforce 260 GTX (2nd generation) Graphics Board (Nvidia driver ver. 260.99)
Integrated Realtek high definition audio driver ver:5519, audio codec ALC662 (soundboard)
Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit OS
Fantasy General DOS game (ver. 1.0)
DOSBox ver. 0.74 latest

Fantasy General works for me with Windows XP SP3 with a full install using Dfend Reloaded and DOSBOX 0.74. Both weapon sounds and the audio from the CD (e.g. the song "Oh süße Lust") work fine. As sound card I chose Soundblaster 16 in the sound setup.

Reply 2 of 6, by Reg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey thanks alot. It indeed does work and gameplay and sounds are also very smooth. Thousand thanks to you! 😀

Reply 3 of 6, by Reg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well the music works kind of. It does not play all the songs and others (always the same songs) cut off in the beginning and it loops the same songs all the time which are very silent. Others are WAY LOUDER than the others which is very wierd because it doesn't sound unbalanced if I just listen to the music with my CD-player. Any help on to this matter? Should I go through some settings with my game? I have to put the sound of sfx sounds very quiet because the most of the music is so silent.

Reply 4 of 6, by Reg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay my bad. The songs seem to be a bit unbalanced after all. I rechecked the CD-player. Some of songs in the game still cut-off at the start though.

Reply 5 of 6, by ConjurerDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Reg wrote:

Well the music works kind of. It does not play all the songs and others (always the same songs) cut off in the beginning and it loops the same songs all the time which are very silent. Others are WAY LOUDER than the others which is very wierd because it doesn't sound unbalanced if I just listen to the music with my CD-player. Any help on to this matter? Should I go through some settings with my game? I have to put the sound of sfx sounds very quiet because the most of the music is so silent.

You know that you can set the level of sound and song seperately within FG?

Reply 6 of 6, by Reg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I do know about that, ConjurerDragon. Maybe I did not describe it clearly enough but thanks though and again thanks for telling me about the D-Fend Reloaded. It helped alot.