VOGONS

First post, by AFnord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having some problems with WingCommander 2 gold. At ~7000 cycles, the game runs like a dream, up until a few missions in, when it suddenly crashes. I tried to re-play the stage 2 more times and it crashes at exactly the same point each time.

So a quick google search later, I found out that I need to run it with loadfix -32 ("loadfix -32 WC2"). As I have the CD version, this required me to copy the cd to my harddrive and edit the bat files manually. No problem so far.

Now when I try to run it, my mouse cursor moves down and to the right all the time. I can counteract this by moving my mouse in the opposite direction (at all time), but the game is hardly playable in this state. Removing the changes to the bat files fixes this problem, but now the game crashes again. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? (I'm running dosbox .74)

Reply 1 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Might be the joystick drifting?

Reply 2 of 3, by AFnord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, good catch! My gamepad was the cause of the problem. Any idea why this problem only appeared when I loaded the game with "loadfix -32"? Anyway, thanks for solving the problem for me, now it is time to blast some darn cats!