VOGONS

First post, by lukasn1990

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI i have a problem with lag in dos game called "Last Rites". While im playing the game in dosbox it lags every time when i get hit from an enemy, and this is a game where you can get hit a lot, especially on hard difficulty settings. So can anyone tell me how to set up your dosbox conf for more clear gameplay?

My second problems with the game are two black bars on the screen( on the upper and lower side of the screen). In the main menu there arent any black bars, only when im playing

Reply 1 of 2, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try increasing the cycles (in case Dosbox hasn't automatically switched to cycles=max)? If that doesn't help, try fulldouble=false. I've noticed fulldouble=true causes stuttering with some computers during palette animation (e.g. red-tinted hud when taking damage).

As for the black bars, google for black bars on this site. There are countless threads with the same solutions.

Reply 2 of 2, by lukasn1990

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well game dosen't lag anymore, but black bars are still there, no matter which output or scaler i enable. I think that the game just was made this way, becouse i don't have any problem with black bars in any other game