VOGONS

Help! Can not play "Lands of Lore"

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by chillerdjy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi,
when I run the game "Lands of Lore:The Throne of Chaos ", the mouse doesn't work, then I use "CTRL-F10" to unlock the mouse. however, the game also dosen't work after i clicking the button(to select a person to play). but in this website, i found that "Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos " has been supported by 0.58, i also use dosbox of version 0.58, so i do not know why i cannot play it

My "Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos" is chinese version, is it different? how I can play that? I only have the package of dosbox, but i found there are many other things in the "download" in this website, are they important and all should be installed?

Could you please help me to solve this problem, thank you vey much.

by the way, when i play the "Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate " it display " lib3 error", and exit😕

Reply 1 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

"Lands of Lord" ??? It is "Lands of Lore" or you are playing a completely different game...
As for chinese version: I have never ever heard about it. "Lands of Lore 1" runs (even CD version), but I have only ever seen English versions (with possibility of French or German subtitles).

Mirek

Reply 2 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's been ages since i played Lands of Lore:The Throne of Chaos. IIRC the US version had a huge bug which needed urgent patching (which prevented running it on anything greater than a Pentium IIRC). I don't know if the Chinese version suffers from the same issue. Tested the Spanish version too and couldn't find that patch anywhere, so I ended up playing the US patched version, because the Spanish version suffered the same hard lockup issue. I believe it was some sort of timer bug.

Reply 3 of 9, by chillerdjy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for replying, i took a little mistake, that should be land of lore.
maybe you are right, there is some bugs in the game. unluckly, i just can find the french version which can play correctly, but i don't know french at all....so, maybe i have to give up before finding the English version.
And, could anyone tell me where i can get the English version if it is possible. Thank you very much!!

Reply 5 of 9, by chillerdjy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use win2000,and I have tried to run it (chinese version) natively, there is something different, when i run it without dosbox, the mouse can work, but the game keep black sreen after i selecting a role, and i also tried that on my friend's machine which is Winxp, but get the same result. however, the french version run correctly either in win2000 or in winxp. now i have to play the game in french, as a matter of fact, i nearly dont know a word. 🙁

Reply 6 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by chillerdjy I use win2000,and I have tried to run it (chinese version) natively, there is something different, when i run it without dosbox, the mouse can work, but the game keep black sreen after i selecting a role,

Then you have few options...wait for a future version of DosBox and hope that it is fully compatible with your version, continue with the French version, or try to find an English version. Apparently, something in the Chinese version is causing a crash when you run it on an NT operating system (and we cannot troubleshoot that).

Reply 7 of 9, by S250

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

don't try to make Lands of Lore 1 Chinese Version run anymore.
It's the critical bug of Chinese Version....couldn't run on 80486 and above.I knew this bug when the Lands of Lore1 just released,I tried to run it on 80486 machines but failed.and there was no patch for it.