VOGONS

First post, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Experiencing a weird problem with the graphics, in Front Page Sports Football Pro 95.. Everything looks fine up to the point where the gameplay actually begins.. When it displays the field, it appears as if you're looking down at the field from a blimp in the sky. It shows a vast green field with a small spec in the middle which is you. Oddly enough, you can still run, get tackled, hear all the audio, etc., all while remaining in that view. The image below should help better explain..

This happens almost every time I run the game, although every once in a while it will display normally..

Attachments

• fpsf95p.png
    Filename
    fpsf95p.png
    File size
    27.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How did you install the game and are you using the default dosbox.conf? I noticed that this game has mouse issues, too.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 10, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Collector, I installed both the floopy and cd versions, and both exhibit this problem. I've applied all the official patches, though it happened even before the patching. It happens with the default conf, and has also happened with several modified versions of the conf. I did also notice that it won't ever let me choose tails at the coin toss (can't get the keyboard nor mouse to select that option), but that's a less major issue at this point..

Reply 6 of 10, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It looks like it runs fine on a fresh installation, but after patching the problem came up again.. I'm not certain I'm patching correctly.. The first time I installed, I ran all the bats and exes that came with the patches, and when I ran patch.exe I just pressed enter (to exit the patch program) when it told me that it couldn't find patch.rtf..

This time around I noticed there were other files named patcha.rtf, patchb.rtf, patchc.rtf, patchd.rtf so I ran those files with patch.exe, along with running the rest of the bats and exes. After doing this it now asks for the cd when the game starts. So I attempted to mount the cd drive, and also tried mounting an iso of the cd, and it still didn't detect the cd either way..

So at this point I can't even get inside the game to check if the graphic issue is still going on or not, but it looks like it wil at least run fine patchless.. The whole patching thing is a bit confusing with this game, the last patch didn't even seem to patch anything and said all the files were already up to date..

Are you able to run the game fine after applying all the patches?

Reply 10 of 10, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, works a charm. I had forgotten to add the label to the mounted cd. Doesn't make sense that they'd add a cd check with the patches when it never had it in the first place.. Anyway thanks again for all your effort in this and making the installer. Greatly appreciated