VOGONS

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good day.

Yesterday I got copies of Jane's Advanced tactical Fighters (ea classics release) and NATO Fighters, the expansion pack.

ATF installed and seems to run very well. NATO however refuses to install as it reports that it will only install over ATF v1.03f. I appear to have 1.00f, which strikes me as odd considering it is the classics re-release... and one might assume they would put out the most up to date version.

Searching for patches and through ea's ftp site reveals only one patch for ATF, which is supposed to update it to v1.14. The patch refuses to install however as the file sizes are different than what it expects to see.

I am sort of surprised that there is not much of a trail on the internet in regards to this, as I can't be the first person to have tried to use these two products together as they were intended to be used.

Reply 1 of 3, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you sure the "NATO Fighters" isn't installed automatically in the "Classics" release?
Try to run the game as "af.exe -n". The output in the DOSBox console from the installed NATO Fighters is "Advanced Tactical fighters (NATO Fighters), v1.00f Release".
Try to install the NATO Fighters 1.01 patch.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 2 of 3, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This occurred to me previously, so i scoured to game box for information. Going by the box for the classics release, there is no notation of the aircraft that should be there if the NATO release is present.

I'll definitely give it a shot though. That would explain the version numbering being off.

Reply 3 of 3, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I do not get different results launching with the -n parameter.

Checking the aircraft reference manual also does not show the aircraft one would expect to see in the nato fighters expansion.