VOGONS

First post, by StuckLoads

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having great difficulty (hence the name!) getting USM2 to work on PC. Have followed the instructions as set out in DOSbox "games" section but still not working. Mentions you have to copy ENG file onto fake mount point (drive D:) and rename USM2. Then copy entire CD to mount point (also D:) then in original USM2 file creat a cd.cfg file and simply enter drive i.e. just enter "D".

However upon loading this through DOSbox 6.0 I get the error message "Wrong CD in drive". Has anyone else encountered such a problem and if so how do you get around it???!!! Help!

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 1, by StuckLoads

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

stuckloads is stuck loads no more!

Realised the error in my ways. Not only does a cd.cfg file have to be entered into the USM2 file (this can be done via edit cd.cfg within the DOS prompt with CD configuration in my case E:) but on DOSbox a mount command must be entered to "fool" the computer into believing it is utilising the CD drive. This is done by (assuming the C drive is where the entire contents of the CD have been copied to):

mount E C:\Sierra\Usm2

The program can then be run via Dosbox 6.0 by mount the ACTUAL Usm2 file you originally created (with the cd.cfg file in it) and mounting this instead of your Z: DOSbox prompt.

Many thanks to Dosbox - I am extremely chuffed I can now play my old favourite game again!!!