VOGONS

First post, by couvier

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's two games that i really would like to play with them working nicely! They are Lemmings and Pinball Fantasy. Unfortunetly about 3 minutes into my lemmings game, it crashes and it says this continuoulsy...

SDL lock Failed

And Pinball fantasy basically dont even run at all.

Reply 3 of 5, by couvier

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok now im having some problems, openglnb seemed to be the one that works and got rid of the SDL lock crash, but now, for some reason, my monitor degauses itself like every minute. This cant be good, cause a monitor should wait at least 20 minutes between degausing intervals.

Whats up with this, how can i fix it!!??

Reply 4 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I have no idea.
Dosbox uses the SDL library for outputting it graphics.
Maybe they know what's going on.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 5, by couvier

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think i fixed it, plus i actually got Pinball Fantasies to work good! It's all about fiddliing around with settings untill it works well.

I have been wanting to play Lemmings and Pinball Fantasies for ever! I could not even get them to work in Windows 98 cause they ran in REAL mode (100% DOS), and i never seemed to get them to work with sound, but DOSbox makes it all happen!

Im am now a beliver in DOSbox, I hated Windows XP's built in DOS emulator, and im glad to see all the hard work you guys put in to dosbox, it has definitely paid off, for me at least! Keep up the good work.