VOGONS

First post, by Alexsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, i've been following your project since version 0.60 and i think it's really cool! 😎
I've recently encountered problems with quickmenu iii version 3.1a (shareware) using dosbox 0.61 (not cvs), it apparently can't save settings....Everytime i want to do so it says: "The file could not be found". some goes with creating a new menu.... even givin it a new filename, quickmenu III doesn't even creates and empty file with the name i gave it...
I've tried changing the core from dynamic to normal, and then full, with no results whatsoever. Just out of curiosity, i surfed off to neosoft's site and downloaded quick menu III shareware from there, just in case. It seems the versión on the site (3.1h final) works flawlessly at any cpu core... weird.
I also had the same problem with mortal kombat 1. Say i must, my disks where screwed, so a friend kindly gave e his still working copy. The thing is, it works flawlessly under xp, but , as i couldn't get any sound, and was too lazy to configure vdmsound 😜 , i tryed to run it from within dosbox.
but, i got the sae problem.... It wouldn't let save the configuration. (same dosbox version, tryed all cpu cores as well)
but.... it would let me do so from windows xp...
I must say, that this mk, is a bit different from the version i had back in the day, so, it probably is a different versión of the same game...
Any pointers on this would be helpful 😉
I can provide version 3.1a of quick menu III shareware to anyone who wants to test 😉. Just tell me so and I'll rar it and attach it to a post. (it's under 900kbs when rared, i think)
MK tested on: AMD Duron 1200+, 256MB RAM (32 shared with video card), SiS motherboard with SiS 630/630 video card and Sis 718 Sound card, windows xp pro service pack 1.
QuickMenu III tested on another, but similar, box:AMD Duron 1800+, 256MB RAM (16 shared with video card), SiS motherboard with SiS 630/630 video card and Sis 718 Sound card, windows xp home service pack 1.
both boxes have direct x 9.1
Sorry, but i do not know more specifc details of the motherboards 😅

chronos.jpg motoakira.jpg