VOGONS

First post, by dk373

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all,

I recently found out about dosbox and decided to try to play one of my favourite games from my childhood Eagle Eye Mysteries. Anyways I managed to get the game and mounted it in dos and it works okay. The only problem that I am having is that there is no sound. Music is playing but the sound is not working. I tried changing the irq to 5 and also changing to sb1, and sbpro1 but that did not make a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by truth_deleted

User metadata

Set "cycles" in dosbox.conf to a low value; try 5000 and then 1000, at least during installation. Did you choose soundblaster for music and sound, given it has both options? Make sure your audio settings match to the dosbox.conf, such as the IRQ number.

Reply 2 of 3, by dk373

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I changed the cycles value but it did not make a difference.

When you talk about installation are you talking about installing the the game? because I didn't have to go through an installation process, I just mounted the folder and ran the application. I'm guessing choosing soundblaster for music and sound occurs for in the installation setup.

Reply 3 of 3, by Danfun64

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

um...where did you get your copy of the game? From an abandonware site or some other website?