VOGONS

First post, by luktom100

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there 😀

I have two questions abouit running Blood v1.21 on DOSBox SVN Daum

1. What are the minimum system rquirments, to play Blood on DOSBox SVN Daum, with every graphics setting set on max, with 800x600 resolution??

2. I experienced some strange, choppy slowdown problem in the game. When i get close to a wall and fire a shotgun i have some kind of strange slowdown, when particles appear. When im shooting from a distance everything runs smooth.

I have a WIN7 Quad Core, with Radeon Dual Graphics.

Reply 1 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1. A vague GHZ'ey system past the Core2Duo is enough. Ignore all outdated "special optimise blood config's!!!" you see on the internet; stock DOSBox settings are enough.

2. Overdraw. This is natural and not strange

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 5, by luktom100

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks man, thats all i wanted to know. 😀

I have one more question about Blood though.
In Duke Nukem 3d, there was a file called User.con, where you could change some gameplay options, like SPAWNAMMOODS. Is there something similar to this in Blood. I mainly would like to change ammo spawning percentage to 100%, becouse i really hate that randomized ammo spawning and on higher difficulty levels, ammo can be a problem.

Reply 3 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No because Blood wasn't developed by Allen Blum III and isn't really a 'build engine' feature. Build was a licensed renderer module programmers had to build whole game engines to work around with. It also explains why Capstone's (Witchaven, Tekwar) implementation is so arcane and different.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 5, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

1. A vague GHZ'ey system past the Core2Duo is enough. Ignore all outdated "special optimise blood config's!!!" you see on the internet; stock DOSBox settings are enough

That's a barefaced lie to say the least.

Stock DOSBox settings (even daum's) are completely useless for this type of rather demanding game. You'll need at the very least, dynamic core, 105% max cycles, 38+ mb's of RAM, a lower output samplerate, disabling every feature the game isn't going to use, and even then a Core2Duo simply won't do for 800x600, unless your definition of "enough" equals a very poor, fluctuating framerate, stuttering, crackling and the whole shebang of underperformance.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 5 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

some of us don't use nvidia cards and I never had trouble emulating Blood even on a single core Athlon64 many moons back and even then I was still using full settings, 44khz etc.

apsosig.png
long live PCem