VOGONS

Lego Creator Runtime error on Windows 95 on DOSbox

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone it's me DOSfan1994 and I am back to discuss another PC game issue on Windows 95 on DOSbox.

And the game is "Lego Creator". (It's not a DOS game it's a LEGO game made for Windows 95/98 made in 1998.)

You know when I discovered that I can use DOSbox SVN to use Windows 95/98 and play some old games from the 90s I wanting to play "Lego creator" again. So I made a ISO file of my CD to put on Daemon tools I loaded it on to my Windows 95 Hard disk by using "System manager", turned on DOSbox Daum and I was on Windows 95, Loaded the ISO file on DT and it installs fine when I loaded it on to the system, I changed my color pallet to High 16 bit, Clicked on the icon to play, past through the splash screen, clicked on the worlds button and I decided to make a LEGO world by clicking on the world with the blue buildings for the background, putted a few palm trees and building my police station added several flowers and if put a bunch of flowers in my world I got this error message, and it closes.

Filename
boot_000.png
File size
159.8 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I don't know why I got that. I have the right system requirements. But how am I getting it ? Maybe I left
some requirement out of the list or something ?

All I wanted to do is make a LEGO town with a bunch of plants and this error message shows up for no real reason at all.

Well that's my viewing on my "LEGO creator" on Windows 95 on DOSbox Daum.

Before I end from here let me just say that I am playing "Creator" on Windows 95 on DOSbox SVN for nostalgia and I know that this may not be fixable but I know of some things of you might say, "Why are you playing this game on a emulator when you have compatibility mode on Windows 7." I see you're point people, But I was wanting it to play it in a nostalagic way and I can't because I don't know on how I would fix this and I don't know if anyone tried playing it on Windows 95 on DOSbox Daum. (I know that the purpose of this emulator I am using is made to play old DOS games.)

Any way feel free to post on how you would fix this here.

This is DOSfan1994 and have a good day.

Reply 2 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Windows 95 is NOT supported, if a build runs it then contact whoever makes this build

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper