VOGONS

First post, by rpesq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Microleague Football 2, using from 3.5 in floppies, I cannot get any sound through Dosbox. I searched the forum, saw that somebody asked same question 3 years ago, did not get a reply.

I see the doxbox database says that the game works, but alas I have tried many combinations for hours and cannot get any sound.

Can anyone verify that it works with sound under Dosbox? And if yes, how did you get it to work?

I tried the latest official 0.74 dosbox, and the latest SVN from Emucr. Same symptoms. My setup is a Compaq laptop, Win7 32, 2gb ram, Celeron cpu, Intel 950 graphics, Conexant HD SmartAudio HD2.

I have installed several other games, and have managed to get them to work correctly, so this is first issue that I have not been able to resolve myself.

Reply 2 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It's a known issue where the game skips sound init if debug interrupts don't point at an IRET instruction. This is more likely some vestige of the game developer's debugging process than an anti-debugger tactic. For the time being you can use the workaround program here.

Reply 4 of 4, by rpesq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, awesome solution, ripsaw8080! Thanks a bunch.

FYI - the sound is not as interesting as I remember as a kid, although the game is pretty good football game if you don't mind that you act as the coach, and not a player.