VOGONS

First post, by Soniclen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Guys, well done with DOSBox! It's a fantastic little program, must have took u ages.

Obviously it's brill, but I can't get Alien Breed to work properly.

Here are my specs:
GA700 NX Nforce Pro 2 With 400 Mhz FBS, Dual Channel DDR
AMD Athlon XP Barton 2800 (2.083GHZ) 333MHz 512 Kb Cache
512MB DDR 400 (PC3200) 1 Stick (Unbranded).
Geforce FX5200 128MB AGP 8x (Asus)
Onboard Sound (Dolby 5.1) Only got Stereo activated at mo (No surround speakers so what point?)
Windows XP Home Edition.
Alien Breed (only one version to my knowledge - NOT the 3D version by the way)
I get the same problem when I start the game, it loads (with no sound) and when I get to the start game screen, it freezes and I cna't do I thing but terminate the prog with task manager. It does exactly the same when I try to load it directly through XP as well as DOSBox.
I think it is software mode (no 3D graphics), and I am not sure what the resolution is.
I am running DOSBox 0.61, and the game is pre 486, and I believe that compatibility is better for old games.
I've read the readme , but none of that seems to solve the problem, I have tried to run with VDMS but same outcome. I am sure there are other things I can do, but don't know how?

Can u guys help me, if so, thank you, if not, no problem. 😊

Reply 2 of 3, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mhm, I know the Devs don't like talking about the CVS version but overall the new version of DOSBox (0.62) when that is released will extremely improve performance across the board.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.