VOGONS

First post, by oldbushie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Chronomaster works beautifully, the only bit that is annoying though is that there is a 3-5 second delay whenever you tell the guy to walk, pick up something, etc. Sometimes there is no delay (ie when solving a puzzle), but when it involves 3d movement of some sort or even the movement of the controls screen in the ship I get a delay. The main character does walk at a regular speed however. Any way I can get around this?

My machine:
Windows XP
P4P800 motherboard on a MicroAtx
2.8 GHz, 1 gig of RAM
Onboard sound
MSI Geforce 5900, DDR, 128mb RAM
15" analog flatpanel monitor

Reply 2 of 7, by oldbushie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was using 2500 cycles, and even 5000 cycles, but there seemed to be no difference between the two. I still got the odd delay of about 5 seconds after upping the cycles.
It is a "protected mode" game, so that may be part of it.

Reply 3 of 7, by redruM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would just like to bump this thread because I have exactly the same problem, and I was wondering whether anyone has figured out how to work around it.

"I think you're the fucking antichrist."
--Donnie Darko

Reply 4 of 7, by nomarch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking at your system specs you should be able to run DosBox at 36000 cycles quite happily! this may well sort the problem out otherwise have a squiz at the 'Star Trek - Final Unity' thread and see if DOS32A would be any help.

HTH

Reply 5 of 7, by redruM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, I can't run it that high at all without severe sound lagging, and the problem still remains... but thanks for directing me to another thread, I'll give it a shot when I can.

"I think you're the fucking antichrist."
--Donnie Darko