VOGONS

Problem with actua soccer club edition and Roland Garros 97

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by cachoeira

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have encountered problem with both games. The first doesn't allow me to save games, the option is always disabled. The second generates a segmentation fault and exits when I try to run it. Is there anything that can be done? Many thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Depends on how you installed an run these games. We need more information, your mountings and how you installed the games.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cachoeira wrote:

i didn't install any game, just got zipped files and unpacked them in the gameDir folder.

Support for illegal copies of games is not provided here.

In fact, it is entirely likely that the game includes some kind of copy protection mechanism that prevents you from saving unless you installed it from legitimate, original media.

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Abandonware is just a term to sugar coat copyright violations. Whether that's morally right is debatable but until laws change such topics will get locked.
The other problem with abandonware is that at times these copies are broken in some ways and annoying when a legal copy works just fine.

Thread locked

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper