VOGONS

First post, by newton-dw1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

cd 1 of 7 works fine. When asked to insert #2 and press enter, the system freezes and has to be rebooted. I have tried all the variations suggested for the mount command to no avail. Any one have any ideas? ...using dosbox .63

Reply 1 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm familiar with other sierra cd games but haven't yet tried this one. There is a resource.cfg file in the directory right? pen it with notepad and check to see if it points to "D:\" or whichever letter is your cd. Change that to your phantasmagoria folder on C:\

You will have to copy all resource files and movies/FX from the all the cds however, then it shouldn't even need the CDs 😁 If you want I could try it with Gabriel Knight 2 and let you know if it works...

Reply 3 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

See this thread for help with Phantasmagoria 2 on XP:
Phantasmagoria 2 Problem

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by Amaya

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
newton-dw1 wrote:

cd 1 of 7 works fine. When asked to insert #2 and press enter, the system freezes and has to be rebooted. I have tried all the variations suggested for the mount command to no avail. Any one have any ideas? ...using dosbox .63

im having the exact same issue... were you ever able to get past this or does anyone have any ideas... appreaciate it!