VOGONS

First post, by pottyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know how to get the sound working properly in Creature Shock? I can get music, but no sound effects during gameplay or sound in cutscenes! I know that you have to install the game in Windows, but I just can't get any sound effects or FMV sound, no matter how hard I try!

DOSBox version: 0.63

Reply 1 of 2, by nomarch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for not providing any info that may be able to help you with your problem but to be honest i wouldn't bother with creature shock anyway its one of the most disappointing skillless excuses for a game i've ever had the displeasure to play*. its only redeeming feature is that it looks quite pretty.

*obviously an IMHO 😀 hope you get more out of it than i did.

Reply 2 of 2, by pottyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Chances are you couldn't get past the incredibly boring first level. However, it gets a whole lot more exciting than that! Although I can't get past mission 2 I find it challenging, fun and very clever! When you come up to a baddie, the game does what looks like an interactive cutscene! Great stuff!

By the way, I managed to sort out the sound problem. When you install the game in Windows, you need to make note of all the IRQs etc of each sound card device you choose (you have to choose one for the sound, and one for the music. I chose the SoundBlaster 16 for both). Once the game is installed, and you've moved it to the directory that you use as a hard drive in DOSBox, you need to configure the soundcard you chose to emulate in DOSBox to match the settings for the game.

e.g. If the installer said that the IRQ for your chosen card is 5, then set IRQ in DOSBox to 5.

Besides, you shouldn't have replied if you weren't gonna help. People have different views towards things. If you don't like it overall, then that's down to your taste. We are all different.