VOGONS

First post, by genf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to play the game Blue Ice in XP using DosBox. Your site lists it as playable from 0.62. However - I have not been so lucky.

This is what I encountered so far:

- Use the Windows installer. That succeeds, but when I start the installed game, a process is started but no application. It looks like nothing happens at all. It makes no difference which compatibility modes I use.

- Use the Dos installer. This fails saying that I have 'not enough hardware memory (2048 KB, should be 4096 KB)'. My machine has 1GB memory. No difference what compatibility options I set on the INSTALL.EXE.

- Now use the Dos installer from within DosBox. Default options, except I mount the CDROM (D:) and the C: drive. Now I do not get an error about memory, but another one: "You require an mscdex driver installed to run this game".
It makes no difference what options I use with the mount command (-usecd 0, -ioctl, -aspi, tried all of those).

Who can help me here? The game info for Blue Ice
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?s … D=2528&letter=B mentions the MSCDEX problem and advises to run the installer in native Windows. However, that results in the memory error in my case.

Any ideas how to get rid of any of those errors?

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What versions of DOSBox did you try?

Latest is 0.63 but it could be a good idea trying older ones.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)