VOGONS

Yoda Stories via Win3.11 via DOSBox

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by typh0id

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there!

I recently got Windows 3.11 up and running in DOSBox 0.74 (thanks to the guide here) and for the most part I haven't had any trouble running Win3.x games. But I can't seem to get Yoda Stories (LucasArts Desktop Adventures) to run. I've tried my old copy as well as the free copy from LucasArts and on either one when I try to run the executable I get an error message saying "Cannot Run Program - Unexpected Error: 21" or "Cannot Run Program - Unexpected DOS Error: 21". Oddly enough though, the Indiana Jones Desktop Adventure works perfectly fine so I was surprised Yoda doesn't work. Has anyone else encountered this or have a solution? Thanks a ton!

Reply 3 of 6, by typh0id

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the quick replies! I tried setting DOSBox to both 486_slow and pentium_slow. In both cases the program technically ran (without the error message) but the game window was completely blank white. I can access the menu options for the game but nothing seems to actually get the game to play in the window.

Reply 6 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lostnorm wrote:

Yoda Stories is a Windows 95 game. Even if you are able to start the game it won't run very well if at all.

I had a reply written here when I suddenly realized you are replying to a thread from 2014. The OP is probably long gone.

Please don't necropost.