VOGONS

First post, by vasom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have problem with Clipper application ( using MS Windows 7 /32 bit , DOSBox, Clipper 5.2). When application is going to add record/records into a base
( with some calculations ) it performs obviously slow. What I should do to make application faster.Of course that application works well in DOS, Windows XP
enviroment .

Last edited by vasom on 2017-02-20, 13:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

set cycles =max

Although be aware that we designed dosbox with games in mind.
Feel free to use it. just test it well and expect failures 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 7, by framer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Several issues with clipper 5.xx

Can you print?

I've gotten to run Clipper 5.3 using DOSBOX you need to install DOS 6.22 but you still have issues.

I'm running Win 10 64bit using VM Virtualbox with XP 32 bit installed and am able to get it to print to a USB printer using the NET USE command.

Is another program to investigate, Bochs. It's slow like running on a old 486 machine but I'm still working on printing. I believe I can get it to work. It showing promise.

framer

Reply 7 of 7, by framer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The vDosPlus is amazing. I've been experimenting with it all day. It allows my old DOS application to work better than it did in it's best day. I'm printing to a wireless window printer from a DOS program. I've had to use in the past the NET USE LPT1: \computername\sharename /persistent command and be sharing my window printer to print from this program. I now can use a modern Win10 system and print to a current printer.

I've tried both builds and the current one really is faster.

Anyone with an old custom dos program really needs to check this out.

Thank again,

framer