VOGONS

I can't get Championship manager 2 started (novice)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by KenVDP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

First I must apologize for my questions but I really can't get this game started, maybe because I'm a real novice in working with dos / dosbox.

This is my prob:
When i load my cd in to pc, I copy all the file's to a new map (on desktop). Then i drag the install in to dosbox, so installation starts, after he's finished he ask : type 'go' to start Championship manager 2.

So when i type 'go' nothing happens! When i drag the CM2 icon to dosbox also nothing happens...

this is the game from year 95 with the belgian, dutch and italian league.

Dont get frustrated about my problem but im really a novice with this programs....

Thanks for your help

Reply 1 of 11, by kao

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah I'd say you're a novice all right. Before someone redirects you to the 60 Seconds Guide To DOSBox (which you really should have read first), I will try to make sense of your less-than-legible post.

When i load my cd in to pc, I copy all the file's to a new map (on desktop).

Ok sooo...you made a new folder and copied the contents of the game CD into it (?)

Then i drag the install in to dosbox, so installation starts, after he's finished he ask : type 'go' to start Championship manager 2.

You ran through the install process all right it seems.

So when i type 'go' nothing happens!

I'm starting to suspect your problem was copying the CD files to a folder and installing from there. On most (all?) CD-based DOS games, you're supposed to run the install program on the disc which then sets the game up on your hard disk.

Instead of doing what you did, you should have MOUNTed the CD drive in DOSBox, switched to it, and ran the install program from there.

Reply 2 of 11, by peterferrie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, you need to start DOSBox first, and run the installer from inside DOSBox.
If, when you run the game, it exits immediately with a message about LaserLok, then you will need my patch (http://pferrie.host22.com/misc/cm2fix.zip) to finish the job.
To use my patch, place the cm2fix.com in the same directory where you installed CM2, and then run cm2fix.com instead of go.bat

Reply 4 of 11, by Guido

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I want to put my question here, because it comes close to his problem.
I try to install this game in DOSBox, but it says 'there is not enough space on the destination drive'. I don't understand, lot's of Gigabytes available. I have windows 7.

Please help me...

Regards,
Guido

Reply 5 of 11, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Guido wrote:

I try to install this game in DOSBox, but it says 'there is not enough space on the destination drive'. I don't understand, lot's of Gigabytes available. I have windows 7.

Again, how many free space does DOSBox see?

Klimawandel.

Reply 10 of 11, by CM2FAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone! I seem to have the same problem. The system is W7SP1, Dosbox 0.74. Still can't get how to check how much free space does DOSBox see. After launching Dosbox used "mount c c:/dosgames/cm2 -t cdrom -freesize 50" (though the installer wants just 10 or 30 MB) but still no result(( Please help!

Attachments

• space.png
    Filename
    space.png
    File size
    37.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 11 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Closed.

Start a new thread with your own issue.

Also learn to read and understand error messages and how to mount in DOSBox.

Use the "dir" command to view free drive space in DOSBox.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline