VOGONS

Another Worms Thread

Topic actions

First post, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Worms is one of the few games I like Dosbox to play properly and it seems to work ok now, save for a couple of "problems".
Mounting the original CD gives good results with the music playing without problems. Mounting the iso did not playback the music unless I mounted the cue file instead of directly mounting the iso. (this might help others with this problem).
Something weird is going on with the intro movie. When you start the game from the hard drive (with executing worms.exe) the intro (with the worm getting armed and finally tripping over) plays very choppy, no matter wether the cd or iso is mounted.
If you start the game from the CD, bypassing the not installed warning by not starting worms.exe but wrms.exe the intro plays without problems.
Any ideas what is causing this choppyness?

The game makes use of Dos4gw, you can replace it with dos32a but you don't gain anything, it even seems to become more unstable and gives some int hook warning on exit. The sb program of dos32a can't replace the call since it only gives out:
"Unknown Stub file bound to LE-style file format Linear Executable"
I haven't yet read all of the dos32a docs since the sf mysql problems make browsing Sourceforge pages a pain atm, so this might be already a known problem and not worth reporting...

Reply 1 of 1, by KNude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the exact same problems with Worms United as you do. Except that I still couldn't hear the music even if I mounted the .cue file (with the imgmount command).
Any ideas of what I should do next? I haven't tried burning the img to a CD, as I've heard that image files tend to work better.