VOGONS

First post, by STAUF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using DOSBOX to play RIPPER, By TAKE 2. The game is patched to 1.05 and working for the most part, but something goes wrong with the video during the WAC transmission sections, or in certain video playbacks, like in the METACOG, when viewing the 3D holo-record. the picture is crushed up to the top of the screen, and it looks as though the video is broken into the background the live action, and another section of the live action. It's like the video driver is deconstructing the playback, and fitting it into a smaller space. Has anyone run into this, and can anyone help me fix it? I don't have a whole lot of fancy program compiling software, and since I am running Windows 7, it's hard to edit EXE files, but maybe one of you has a solution. I appreciate any guidance you can offer. KEEP ON GAMING! JS.

Reply 1 of 1, by STAUF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just did a complete delete, and re-install, and re-installed the patches for RIPPER. Made sure to follow all items to the letter, and do setup runs, to make sure everything was carried out to the fullest. Looks like that fixed the problem, and the game seems to be working fine. No more crushed video, and fragmented views. HOORAY FOR ME, and especially a thanks to one excellent person who stored those PATCH files on the web, for us to use. If anyone needs a big thanks, it's that dude. Keep those libraries up to date!