VOGONS

First post, by Pedge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I play this game on DosBox, it runs fine, but the sound is awful, then I saw a post in the DosBox compatibility section. "Works perfect. To get correct audio: from command prompt type "bt n" without quotes" That works great, but can I have it somehow do that each time on it's own? I know there is a way to make a game config file, but anyone have a basic one or the know how I can start with?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 2 of 6, by Pedge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, yeah I know about bat files, but I am running the game via shortcut.
C:\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe "C:\OldGames\BillTed\BT.exe"

I'm very new to doing this manually as Good Old Games doesn't seem to have the more obscure titles.

Reply 3 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can look into using a frontend for DOSBox like DBGL.

If you don't want to use a frontend then you'll need to configure your shortcut to launch DOSBox with another DOSBox configuration file. Inside the config file under the autoexec section you'd place the commands needs to mount the game folder and launch the game with the proper settings.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by V15UAL K3YS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pedge wrote:

Hi, yeah I know about bat files, but I am running the game via shortcut.
C:\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe "C:\OldGames\BillTed\BT.exe"

I'm very new to doing this manually as Good Old Games doesn't seem to have the more obscure titles.

Create a batch file using Notepad and inside the batch file (using notepad to input the commands), put "BT.exe N" without quotes. Save it as BT.bat (make sure it's not BT.Bat.txt, if you saved it right you should see a cog wheel) and put it in your game directory where BT.exe is. You can change the shortcut to start BT.bat instead of BT.exe. See if that works; if it does then DOSBOX should start and load the batch file, which will then start the BT.exe file with the N command at the end.

Reply 6 of 6, by Pedge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks V1sual! :)Though this DBGL front end is incredibly simple and I was able to add a command to load it.
Anyone use DBGL and are able to tell me how to get games to load full screen without leaving their 4:3 ration and getting stretched?