VOGONS

First post, by gglennwill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get NFL Pro League 95 to run using DOS BOX. I ran "loadfix" as directed in the Games section. But when I type in 'FB386' to start the game, I get a message box that says "Can't open 'CONFIG.PTH.rb:0". I saw another readme file that says to start the game you type "NFLGM", but when I do that I get a "Stack Overflow". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Reply 2 of 6, by gglennwill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Moving to DOSBox Game/Apps. section...

I should add that I am running Windows XP on a Pentium 4 processor with 1GB of internal memory. I am using .65 version of Dos Box.

Reply 3 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Write down all commands you used for mounting everything under DOSBox? I think either you aren't using the correct launcher or you didn't run the setup.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 6, by gglennwill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Write down all commands you used for mounting everything under DOSBox? I think either you aren't using the correct launcher or you didn't run the setup.

Thanks for the reply. This is what the autoexec portion of my configuration file looks like:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C C:\DOS\CDrive
mount E E:\ -t cdrom
C:
CLS

Everything else in the configuration file is default. Is there something else I need to add or change. I have the NFL Pro League software under c:\dos\CDrive. My CDrom is under E: drive. I typed "nflgm" to launch the program and I get a "stack overflow" error.

Reply 5 of 6, by gglennwill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally figured out why I couldn't run my game. My problem was that I installed the game incorrectly. Initially, I was having a hard time reading my cd rom drive through DOSBOX, so I loaded the game using the XP command line instead, and it didn't install properly which is why it wouldn't run properly. When I deleted the game and reinstalled using DOS BOX, it worked correctly. I still have to figure out how to speed it up a little as it runs pretty slowly, but at least it runs!