VOGONS

First post, by webe123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, for some reason I used Dosbox version 0.65 to play Under a Killing moon on the EXACT SAME MACHINE I am running now under win xp pro and it worked flawlessly! Here are my specs;

System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) Lite on CD Burner 52x Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

I had absolutely NO problems running UAKM at all...but when I try to run The Pandora directive, I get this message:

No CD-ROM Drive available, aborting the game. Hit any key to continue.

I keep getting that same message, but I DO have the CD in the drive! I just cannot figure it out. Can someone help me?

I may be doing something wrong accessing Dosbox mabye? I just made a link to the Dosbox icon in win XP and double click on it to bring up Dosbox? Is this ok? I get a message in dos box that says:

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1

Then it has three options: Cancel Try again, Continue

If I hit continue(the only way to access Dosbox from here) When I trype in the commands CD PANDORA and then PANDORA... I get a Dosbox screen with these commands:

Z:>SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H5 T6

Z:>SET ULTRASND=240,3,3,5,5

Z:>SET ULTRADIR= C:\ULTRASND

Z:>Mount D D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl
MSCDEX: Failure: Path not valid.
Drive D is mounted as CD Rom.

Z:>mount c c:\
Mounting c:\ is NOT reccomended. Please mount a (sub)directory next time.
Drive c: is mounted as local directory c:\

Z:>c:

C:>\

That is the message I got! I KNOW what the problem is, but do not know how to fix it as it has been awhile scince I have used DOS. But the CD drive I have is E!! NOT C!! So how do I change it?

Reply 1 of 1, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Tried using regular mounts? Ie. starting up dosbox normally and typing
in the mount commands? See the guide threads here on the forum.