VOGONS

First post, by Sektor88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, all of my directories are correct. when i enter the command to run the game, i get the error message: "Load error: No DPMI - Get csdpmi*b.zip". So, two questions here. 1. where do I find it, and 2, what exactly does it do?

Reply 2 of 17, by Sektor88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, i found the files and they're in the correct directory. Another problem, though. When I start the game [windowed or not], some text in-game comes up [I believe it's things about the game/story etc], and at the bottom says [from what i can see] press *some key* to continue. So, i'mn pressing every key on my keyboard, something works, it moves to the character select screen, and it just seems to be going quite slow. Anyway, I don't mind the speed, I'm more interested in the text. Is there anything that can be done to fix that?

Reply 3 of 17, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Says "press f1" for me, which works fine. Then there's some menu.
Speed is fine with the dynamic core and auto cycles.
In what way is the text unreadable? Is the text in the menu ok?

Reply 4 of 17, by Sektor88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah. As for the text being unreadable, it shows up [the best way to describe it] broken. The menu text for arcade and all that is a little fuzzy. I tried playing arcade mode, and tried selecting kung-fu man. i waited 5 minutes, and i got nothing, despite the fact I pressed the selection button multiple times.

Now, for the dynamic core and auto cycles, can I adjust that? [only thing I know how to speed up in Dosbox is frames per second...] And lastly, I tried adding a character in to my select [I've done it before, so I really doubt I messed this part up], and he doesn't show up on the character select screen. If it helps, his name is DragonClaw...

Reply 5 of 17, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Open the mysterious dosbox.conf in your dosbox directory and change core=normal to core=dynamic and cycles=3000 to cycles=auto.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 17, by Sektor88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wait! It's giving me the game...the same way as it was before, and now no characters in the select screen... X_X Despite the fact I added that one guy in and took out the default one... >_>