VOGONS

First post, by Efialtis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've been a long time (many years) wishing to play 'Harvester' a horror graphic adventure which appeared in the last years of past decade. Using DosBox I have been able to install and run it, with the help of an user of another forum that gave me parameters to configure the game with D-Fend. I haven't started to play yet, but for what I've seen it seems to run smoothly. But the cinematic sequences I've seen (the intro and the logos of the developers) appear to be so pixelated that it's kind of ugly, you know, a bit hazy. I suppose it is because the game uses a graphic engine that now is obsolete, ¿do you know if this can be fixed? I have a pentium III 2,8 Ghz, and my card is an ATI radeon 9900.

I have tried different rendering options (overlay, surface, open gl, ddraw...) the only two that go well are overlay and surface, but the cinematic sequences look pixelated as I told you.

¿Any advices? If it can't be solved I suppose i'll play the game anyway. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 6, by Sebatianos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm no expert on the subject, but I've encountered similar problem with different games...

Are you running it fullscreen?

What resolution are you using?

I saw something similar while playing Spycraft and 11th Hour. Both were made for 640X480 resolution, so if you're using a higher resolution then that that there's no way it wouldn't look pixelated (it shows more details - so the pixels are better visable).

You can stop reading - NOW.

Reply 4 of 6, by Efialtis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks.

I have tried several options but I see that the quality of the cinematics is more or less the same. The game is playable anyway.

But what I have seen playing it, and is something very annoying, is that the sound and music is very intermitent, it continuously stops for seconds and the voices sound very stuttering. I have tried changing parameters but it's always the same. ¿Any advice?